Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day Two

Today's post for the Best of 2009 Challenge is Best Restaurant Experience. "Share the best restaurant experience you had this year. Who was there? What made it amazing? What taste stands out in your mind?"

I had to think about this for a while because the bf and I go out to eat a lot, and it's hard to pick just one experience that was great. I guess the first place that stands out in my mind is this little wine bar we went to in Chicago for Valentine's Day this year. The atmosphere was perfect for the holiday, not to cheesy but still romantic. The lights were low and I think there were candles on the tables. It was a cozy little place with couches and high tables. It was not as packed as you would think a cute little wine bar would be on the weekend of Valentine's Day, which I liked.

I can't say that we actually got any food there. We had met up with the bf's brother beforehand to eat at another restaurant downtown. We just had a few drinks and some desserty type things to share.

I think the thing I liked about this place was the live music. I think they had brought in a Flemanco dancer and a small Spanish band to play their guitars. It was really nice and fit the setting perfectly.

I don't know why this particular place stands out in my mind, maybe it was because this was the first Valentine's Day where my boyfriend actually planned something special and took me somewhere for the weekend.

(Wait....is that sad?)

Either way, it was a good weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment