Sunday, August 2, 2009

Feedback welcome

I'm not a cooker. Everyone thinks that I can't do it. But the thing is, I just don't like it. When need be, I can cooked up a tasty meal. I just hate waiting to bring stuff to a boil, or adding eggs one at a time, or searing or simmering or taking 394,575,612,349,576 hours to cook something I'll eat in 15 minutes.

The funny? I love watching The Food Network. No, like I am obsessed with it. I'm not above spending a whole Sunday sitting in my bed watching it. I also want to marry Bobby Flay and Tyler Florence. Yes, both of them.

I have a wonderful boyfriend. He has cooked up many a meals for me during our time together, and he does it well. However, he often likes to mock me for my "inability" to make meals. So, in an effort to prove him incredibly wrong I've taken on the task of preparing him dinner next Saturday.

There are a few problems however. The boyfriend is an extremely picky eater. He refuses to eat anything chicken which I could eat every meal everyday for the rest of my life. I'm not a big red meat eater and he likes burgers and steak. He is a big fish eater and didn't grow up eating fish or really thinking about fish at all so I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do with it. Plus the smells makes me physically sick.

So what's a girl to do? I thought about it for a little bit this morning and watched a little FN (Food Network, get with it) and searching foodnetwork.com and I've come on with three choices.

Which is where you come in. Out of the three choices you tell me which one sounds better to you! Ok?

Ok.

I've decided to do a steak dinner and here are my three choices:

1 - Pepper crusted tenderloin with a mushroom cream sauce.
2 - Grilled flat iron steak with pistachio pesto butter
3 - Grilled flank steak with a gorgonzola cream sauce

I'm going to pair one of those steaks with grilled asparagus and roasted garlic mashed potatoes.

Now, go! Vote!

2 comments:

  1. I am going to vote for #1, because I think the mushroom cream sauce will go nicely with your side dishes! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things that should go on steak:
    -salt
    -pepper
    -butter

    No sauces!!

    Good call on the asparagus and potatoes. Hopefully your grilled the asparagus, put butter on 'em, and added sea salt.

    ReplyDelete