Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Where in the World Wednesday


I forgot to post last week, oops. Here is my second attempt at WITWW.

"The idea of WITWW is to post a picture of you in someplace in the world...it doesn't have to be somewhere foreign or tropical. Just a picture of you somewhere that you consider traveling."

Below is a picture of the Grand Canyon. The summer before I turned 21 my family and I went on a family vacation to Las Vegas (for figure, right? and before I was 21!). One day we rented a car and drove the 4 hours to the Grand Canyon. It was so hot out I could barely breathe. Looking back, why the heck would anyone want to go to Arizona and Nevada in July? But we did. It was so hot we probably spent about half an hour walking around the Grand Canyon and then left. I also remember being in complete awe. The Grand Canyon didn't look real even though I was standing right in front of it. If you haven't ever been there, I suggest you go. NOW. We then drove the 4 hours back, stopped at the Hoover Dam (which is also quite surreal, and scary...) and headed back to the strip. What a strange week...

2 comments:

  1. That's seriously so cool! I've never been there and to be honest, I didn't really have much of an interest, but I feel like it's one of those places that is just much better in person than in photos.

    Thanks for participating lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I would LOVE to go to the Grand Canyon!!!

    ReplyDelete